- Research Rockstar’s New Backstage Pass 24/7 MR Learning Portal (First 3 months are free)
- Building a market research business or looking to flex your entrepreneurial muscle a bit? Check out these 6 Free Online Courses That’ll Teach You the Same Skills You’d Learn in Business School
- Brush up on your survey technique basics with this free course focused on how data collection decisions affect survey errors.
Fit for Purpose - Choosing the Right Data Collection Method for the Problem - July 12, 2016
When: Tuesday, July 12, 2016, 5:00pm Central European Summer Time
Register: ESOMAR Registration Link
New Research Speakers Club - Several Upcoming Dates
What: This is a new group set-up to help people who have never spoken or presented at a research industry event build their skills, confidence and network to pursue future speaking opportunities. It’s low-pressure and free. A great way to learn more about becoming a great speaker – a sure fire way to build your personal brand!
Where: Locations being added frequently, but currently Sao Paulo, Boston, Hartford, LA, Ottawa, Tokyo, Montreal, Charleston and Abu Dhabi
Finally, a few general tips for keeping up to date on what’s new and exciting in market research.
- There are pros & cons to signing up for everyone’s newsletters, but if you can afford some space in your inbox there’s a good chance you’ll hear about free webinars, meet-ups and articles from colleagues in the industry, and especially industry organizations such as ESOMAR and the MRA (note, not all will be free, but there’s enough sprinkled in that we’ve found it’s worth sifting through to find).
- Check out online training sites like Coursera and Skillshare. They don’t offer many (if any) market research specific courses, but there are great general business/marketing skills and many courses which you may find relevant and informative.
- Stay curious! Keep your eyes and ears open, free educational opportunities are out there, and you’ll benefit any time you can take advantage.